PHANG NGA ELEPHANT PARK
THE EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
A family with elephants at heart
Phang Nga Elephant Park is a small family-run Park. Our family has cared for elephants for over 150 years, with each generation learning something new about the Asian elephant and their welfare. The Park is like a typical small, rural Thai village, where thirty people live and work together with their elephants and families.
Animal welfare is paramount at Phang Nga Elephant Park. We consider that responsible and ethical elephant tourism will help to save the Asian elephant, but requires the highest level of care and husbandry. We are AGAINST unnatural and abusive practices and strive constantly to improve animal welfare and to promote education. For more information please check out our Education Centre.
We are determined to provide our elephants with the highest quality of life possible and our strong belief in human-elephant interaction is what makes Phang Nga Elephant Park so special. Our visitors are able to have a life-enhancing experience with these magnificent animals and learn about them in a natural and relaxed environment.
Elephant Care Experience
Learn about the Kwan-chang’s (elephant handler’s) daily routine as you watch a demonstration of an elephant health check. Enjoy exploring the jungle alongside your gentle giant, prepare her food while she rests, and then feed her surrounded by amazing hillside jungle scenery. Back at the Park, you can follow the ancient tradition of scrubbing your elephant with a piece of vine harvested from a special tree that is used to care for her skin. After you (and your elephant) have fun bathing in our rock pool, you will be offered a delicious, freshly-cooked, traditional Thai lunch. You will then be asked to help plant food for the elephants as part of our conservation programme.
- 4,900THB per Adult (rate based on a minimum of 2 people)
- 3,400THB per Child (7-14 years old)
- Please note: Children under the age of 7 are not permitted to participate in this programme for safety reasons. Instead, please consider our Family Elephant Experience.
- Transfers are included from Khao Lak, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Ao-Nang and Khao Sok.
- Supplement for a single person booking: 1,500THB.
- If you require to be dropped off at a different location to your pick-up point, this will cost an extra 2,500THB (for up to a maximum of 5 people).
- If you require a French or German translator for your experience, this can be provided at an extra cost of 2,500THB